1. In the graphic, Host A has reached 50% completion in sending a 1 KB Ethernet frame to
Host D when Host B wishes to transmit its own frame to Host C. What must Host B do?
Host B can transmit immediately since it is connected on its own cable segment.
Host B must wait to receive a CSMA transmission from the hub, to signal its turn.Host B must send a request signal to Host A by transmitting an interframe gap.
**Host B must wait until it is certain that Host A has completed sending its frame.
2. Ethernet operates at which layers of the OSI model? (Choose two.)
3. Which of the following describe interframe spacing? (Choose two.)
**the minimum interval, measured in bit-times, that any station must wait before sending
the maximum interval, measured in bit-times, that any station must wait before sending
the 96-bit payload padding inserted into a frame to achieve a legal frame size
the 96-bit frame padding transmitted between frames to achieve proper synchronization
**the time allowed for slow stations to process a frame and prepare for the next frame
the maximum interval within which a station must send another frame to avoid being
4. What three primary functions does data link layer encapsulation provide? (Choose three.)
IP address resolut
5. When a collision occurs in a network using CSMA/CD, how do hosts with data to
transmit respond after the backoff period has expired?
**The hosts return to a listen-before-transmit mode.